- Open "data/samples/CLUSTALW/COI.aln".
- Open "Search in Alignment" options panel tab.
- Enter pattern "ACGT".
- Wait until the search task is finished.
there are several results, the first one is somewhere in the third sequence ("Bicolorana_bicolor_EF540830").
- Click on the "Bicolorana_bicolor_EF540830" sequence name. Do not release the mouse button.
- Drag the sequence name to the next position (to the forth position). Do not release the mouse button.
the search task in NOT relaunched (see
the search task is relaunched.
- Wait for the search task to complete.
the search task sets the selection to the first found subsequence. The result is in the "Roeseliana_roeseli" sequence. The "Roeseliana_roeseli" sequence name becomes selected.
- Move the mouse cursor to the next position in the name list (to the fifth position).
"Bicolorana_bicolor_EF540830" is moved to the fifth position.
"Bicolorana_bicolor_EF540830" is moved to the third position, "Roeseliana_roeseli" is moved to the forth position.
The search task shouldn't interrupt the user's action.