BLAST is an obsolete version of the program. Currently UGENE support it and the newer version BLAST+. Additionally, since macOS Catalina 32-bit applications can't run, so BLAST produce an error.
Remove BLAST from UGENE, leave only BLAST+.
- Remove the general BLAST classes.
- Remove BLAST items from the "Tools" main menu and from the context menu in the SV (and "Actions" main menu of the SV).
- Remove BLAST executables from the external tool packages.
- Remove BLAST from the UGENE installers.
- Remove command "/data/cmdline/local-blast.uwl".
- Modify workflow sample "Gene-by-gene approach for characterization of genomes" so that it used BLAST+ instead of BLAST.
In the documentation make sure:
- The tool is not mentioned in the main manual.
- There is no more BLAST command description (CLI).
- The tool is not mentioned in the external tools table.